On December 2, 2022, attorney for a woman identified as Ms. Reitz filed a lawsuit with the Orange County Clerk of Courts. Plaintiff’s attorneys allege that the accident took place in April 2021 while Ms. Reitz was shopping at Mickey’s of Hollywood in Disney World’s Hollywood Studios.
According to documents filed with the court, plaintiff fell without warning on a wet floor that was not marked. She is now suing Disney for negligence and claiming a host of damages, which include medical damages, lost wages, pain and suffering, disability, disfigurement, and loss of ability to enjoy life.
What Should I Do if I Suffer Injuries as a Result of a Slip and Fall at Disney World?
If you slip and fall at Disney World, you should take the following steps:
- Seek medical attention: If you're injured, seek medical attention right away. You can do this by calling 911 or by visiting the First Aid station in the park.
- Report the incident to Disney World staff: Report the slip and fall to Disney World staff as soon as possible. They will document the incident and take appropriate action to prevent future accidents.
- Gather evidence: Take pictures of the scene where the slip and fall occurred, as well as any injuries you sustained. This will help you in case you need to file a claim or lawsuit.
- Get contact information: Get the names and contact information of any witnesses to the incident. They may be able to provide helpful information or testimony if you pursue legal action.
- Keep records: Keep records of any medical treatment you receive, as well as any expenses related to the incident, such as medical bills, lost wages, or other expenses.
- Consult with a personal injury attorney: If you believe that Disney World was negligent and that negligence led to your slip and fall, you may want to consult with a personal injury attorney. They can help you determine if you have a case and guide you through the legal process.
It's important to note that Disney World has a specific claims process for slip and fall accidents. You can contact Disney's Guest Claims Services for assistance with filing a claim. They will review the incident and may offer compensation if they determine that the accident was caused by the park's negligence.
Have You or a Loved One Been Injured in an Accident at Disney, Universal Studios, or Some Other Amusement Park?
If you or a loved one has suffered injuries as a result of an amusement park accident, whether at Universal Studios, Disney World, or somewhere else, you should speak with an experienced Florida amusement park accident lawyer as soon as possible because you may be entitled to compensation. Please don’t hesitate to contact us on our website to set up your free consultation by email, or you can call our Orlando, Florida personal injury law firm today at (321) 352-7588 to schedule your free consultation by phone. When you schedule a consultation at our law firm, you will get a consultation with a personal injury lawyer, not a customer service representative or intake person.
Also, we have at least one lawyer licensed in Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, and North Carolina. So, if you’ve been injured in an amusement park accident in another state, we may be able to help you. Don’t hesitate to reach out to us.
Disclaimer: Nothing in this article is meant to be a guarantee of results. Past case results do not guarantee future case results. Each case is unique. The information in this article has been gathered from various sources on Google. Thus, we cannot guarantee there are no inaccuracies herein. We can and will correct or remove this post upon request. You can email us at [email protected]. Finally, the information contained in this article is not meant to be legal advice in any way. If you have legal questions, you should contact an attorney.