Posted on Jan 27, 2023

On Saturday, January 18, 2023, a pedestrian died after being hit by a vehicle in Aiken County. The crash occurred at around 9:00 p.m. on US 1 near Cherokee Drive. The driver was driving a 2014 Toyota sedan and was traveling south on US 1 when the driver struck the pedestrian. Tragically, the pedestrian died as a result of the incident. However, the driver and two passengers in the 2014 Toyota were not injured.

Steps to Take After a Pedestrian Accident

There are several important steps to take after you’ve been in a pedestrian accident. Here is a quick summary:

  • Assess your injuries and get to safety.
  • Contact the authorities.
  • Get the contact information and insurance information of the driver of the car that hit you.
  • Get the contact info of any witnesses.
  • Take pictures and video of everything.
  • Don’t speak with the driver’s insurance company without speaking to your attorney first.
  • Contact a pedestrian accident lawyer at the earliest opportunity.

Contact a Pedestrian Accident Lawyer for Your Free Legal Consultation

We offer free legal consultations to anyone who needs help after a pedestrian accident. You can call us at (843) 638-6590 to set up a free consultation. Also, you can contact us on our website and set your consultation up by email. We have at least one lawyer licensed to practice in Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, and North Carolina.

For more information on South Carolina wrongful death cases, download our free e-book: South Carolina Wrongful Death: Information You Need to Know Before Filing Your Wrongful Death Lawsuit in South Carolina.


Disclaimer: Nothing in this article is meant to be a guarantee of results. Past case results do not guarantee future case results. Each case is unique. The information in this article has been gathered from various sources on Google. Thus, we cannot guarantee there are no inaccuracies herein. We can and will correct or remove this post upon request. You can email us at [email protected]. Finally, the information contained in this article is not meant to be legal advice in any way. If you have legal questions, you should contact an attorney.