A devastating two-vehicle accident involving a semi-truck occurred at the crossroads of North Pine Avenue and Northwest 20th Street in Ocala, Florida on the afternoon of Wednesday, February 22, 2023, prompting a swift response from local police officers.
Authorities from the Ocala Police Department (OPD) confirmed that a woman tragically lost her life due to injuries sustained during the accident. Additionally, Ocala Fire Rescue personnel reported that another individual was transported to a nearby medical facility under trauma alert.
What to Do After a Semi-Truck Accident in Florida
Experiencing a semi-truck accident in Florida can be a traumatic and overwhelming event. Knowing the right steps to take after such an accident can significantly impact your ability to recover compensation for your injuries and damages. As an Orlando personal injury law firm, we provide the following crucial steps to follow if you're involved in a semi-truck accident in Florida.
Stay at the Scene and Ensure Safety
- Do not leave the scene of the accident.
- Turn on hazard lights to alert other drivers.
- Move to a safe area if possible, away from traffic.
Call Emergency Services
- Dial 911 and report the accident.
- Request medical assistance if necessary.
Gather Information and Document the Scene
- Exchange contact and insurance details with the other driver(s).
- Take photographs of the accident scene, vehicle damage, and injuries.
- Record the names and contact information of any witnesses.
- Note the location, time, and weather conditions at the time of the accident.
Seek Medical Attention
- Get a medical evaluation, even if you don't feel injured immediately.
- Keep records of all medical appointments, treatments, and expenses.
Report the Accident to Your Insurance Company
- Notify your insurance provider of the accident as soon as possible.
- Be cautious in discussing the details of the accident with insurance adjusters to avoid jeopardizing your claim.
Consult an Orlando Personal Injury Attorney
- Seek legal advice from a Florida personal injury attorney.
- Do not sign any settlement offers or provide a recorded statement without consulting your attorney first.
By following these steps, you can protect your rights and increase your chances of receiving fair compensation for your injuries and damages.
Do You Need to Speak to an Orlando Semi Truck Accident Attorney?
If you or a loved one has suffered injuries in an accident involving a semi truck, 18-wheeler, tractor trailer, or any other commercial vehicle, you should speak with a skilled, experienced, and aggressive Florida truck accident lawyer as soon as possible because you may be entitled to compensation. Please don’t hesitate to contact us on our website, or you can call our Orlando, Florida personal injury law firm today at (321) 352-7588 to schedule your free consultation by phone. When you schedule a consultation at our law firm, you will get a consultation with a truck accident lawyer, not a customer service representative or intake person.
If you need a South Carolina personal injury lawyer, don’t hesitate to reach out to us at (843) 638-6590. We have at least one lawyer licensed in Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, and North Carolina. So, if you’ve been injured in the Southeast, we may be able to help you. Don’t hesitate to reach out to us.
For more information on truck accidents, you can download our free e-book: 10 BIG Questions You Need Answered After a Truck Accident.
Disclaimer: Nothing in this article is meant to be a guarantee of results. Past case results do not guarantee future case results. Each case is unique. The information in this article has been gathered from various sources on Google. Thus, we cannot guarantee there are no inaccuracies herein. We can and will correct or remove this post upon request. You can email us at [email protected]. Finally, the information contained in this article is not meant to be legal advice in any way. If you have legal questions, you should contact an attorney.