On February 22, 2022, an unfortunate accident occurred at Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom, where a 63-year-old woman sustained a serious injury while enjoying a classic ride. The incident took place at the Prince Charming Regal Carrousel, a popular attraction loved by both kids and adults alike.
The elderly guest, who was dismounting her carousel horse post-ride, stumbled and fell. The fall resulted in a fracture to her hip, an injury that can be especially severe and painful for individuals in her age group.
The Prince Charming Regal Carrousel, beautifully crafted with a slew of colorfully painted horses, offers a gentle, whimsical ride to visitors. The ride's exit process involves stepping down from the carousel horse, which can be a bit of a challenge, particularly for older guests or those with balance difficulties.
What to Do After Suffering Injuries at an Amusement Park or Theme Park
Orlando is a hub for some of the world's most renowned amusement parks. Yet, as exciting as these venues are, accidents can occur. If you or a friend sustain an injury at one of these parks, consider the following steps:
- Prioritize your health: If you're injured, alert the park staff immediately and seek medical help. If the injury is severe, call 911 or go to the nearest hospital. A useful tip is to take pictures of your injuries and maintain a record of all medical documents and bills.
- Report the incident: Contact the park's security or customer service and provide a detailed account of the incident. They will usually create a formal report—be sure to obtain a copy for your records.
- Document the incident: Alongside the formal report, keep your own detailed record. This could include details about where and when the accident occurred, photos of the accident site; and contact information and statements from any witnesses.
- Cooperate with park officials: They will likely conduct their own investigation, and your cooperation could be crucial, both for their records and any potential claims you might file later.
- Be cautious about paperwork: Don't sign anything without fully understanding it, as these documents could impact your legal rights. Consult a lawyer if you're unsure.
- Notify your insurance company: Inform them about the incident. They can guide you on claiming medical expenses.
- Consider consulting a personal injury lawyer: If the injury is severe or requires extensive recovery time, a lawyer experienced in amusement park injuries or premises liability could help you understand your rights and potential compensation.
Remember, these are broad guidelines. Every situation is unique and your actions should depend on the specifics of your case. The key is to put your health first, document and report the incident comprehensively to protect your rights. Stay safe!
Do You Need to Speak to an Orlando Amusement Park & Theme Park Accident Attorney?
If you or a loved one has suffered injuries in an Orlando, Florida amusement park or theme park, you should speak with a skilled, experienced, and aggressive amusement park accident attorney as soon as possible because you may be entitled to compensation. Please don’t hesitate to contact us on our website, or you can call our Orlando, Florida personal injury law firm today at (321) 352-7588 to schedule your free consultation by phone. When you schedule a consultation at our law firm, you will get a consultation with a lawyer, not a customer service representative or intake person.
If you need a South Carolina personal injury lawyer, don’t hesitate to reach out to us at (843) 638-6590. We have at least one lawyer licensed in Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, and North Carolina. So, if you’ve been injured in the Southeast, we have you covered. Don’t hesitate to reach out to us if you need us.
For more information on personal injury cases in general, you can download our free personal injury guide: P.I. 101: Your Quick Guide to Personal Injury Claims.Disclaimer: Nothing in this article is meant to be a guarantee of results. Past case results do not guarantee future case results. Each case is unique. The information in this article has been gathered from various sources on Google. Thus, we cannot guarantee there are no inaccuracies herein. We can and will correct or remove this post upon request. You can email us at [email protected]. Finally, the information contained in this article is not meant to be legal advice in any way. If you have legal questions, you should contact an attorney.