According to sources, a man was killed when a trash truck overturned around 2:00 p.m. on December 29, 2022. The victim was riding in the passenger seat when the driver of the trash truck lost control of the vehicle. Sources say the truck went off the road and turned over. The victim was partially ejected from the vehicle and was trapped under the trash truck when it turned over. Tragically, he was pronounced dead at the scene. Later, the victim was identified as 60-year-old Dennis Maxwell Beeman, Sr. from Piedmont.
Important Steps in a South Carolina Trucking Accident Case
Our South Carolina trucking accident lawyers represent people who have been injured in commercial vehicle accidents. We also bring wrongful death cases on behalf of families who have lost their loved one as a result of a trucking accident. Below are some of the more crucial steps to take when litigating a South Carolina trucking accident case:
- Send out letters of preservation, sometimes called “spoliation letters,” to prevent the destruction of important evidence, like black box data and dash camera footage;
- Document the scene of the accident with video and pictures;
- Take pictures and video of the vehicles involved in the trucking accident and document the damage done;
- Collect dash cam footage from the commercial vehicle or 18 wheeler;
- Get a copy of the accident report;
- Get the contact information of any witnesses to the trucking accident;
- Determine who is liable in the accident (i.e., driver, trucking company, cargo loader, maintenance company, truck manufacturer, tire manufacturer, etc.);
- If necessary, get expert witnesses to the trucking accident scene to perform accident reconstruction or to study any data gathered from the commercial vehicle.
The above evidence is the type of evidence that should be obtained quickly. Otherwise, crucial evidence could be lost or destroyed. In addition to the evidence above, we will want to gather all records and bills relating to emergency room treatment and medical treatment. That way, we can accurately document the medical damages in the trucking accident case.
We offer free legal consultations to anyone who needs help after an accident. You can call us at (843) 638-6590 to set up a free consultation. Also, you can contact us on our website and set your consultation up by email. We have at least one lawyer licensed to practice in Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, and North Carolina.
Disclaimer: Nothing in this article is meant to be a guarantee of results. Past case results do not guarantee future case results. Each case is unique. The information in this article has been gathered from various sources on Google. Thus, we cannot guarantee there are no inaccuracies herein. We can and will correct or remove this post upon request. You can email us at [email protected]. Finally, the information contained in this article is not meant to be legal advice in any way. If you have legal questions, you should contact an attorney.