On Wednesday, January 4, 2023, an 80-year-old man was struck by an SUV at the intersection of North Pine Hills Road and Alhambra Drive in Orange County, Florida. The pedestrian accident occurred around 8:00 p.m.
According to Florida Highway Patrol, the man was walking across North Pine Hills Road when he was struck by the SUV. Apparently, the man was not in a marked crosswalk at the time of the incident. He was pronounced dead after being taken to the hospital.
Steps to Take After a Florida Pedestrian Accident
There are several important steps to take after you’ve been in a pedestrian accident in Florida. Here is a quick summary:
- Assess your injuries and get to safety.
- Contact the authorities.
- Get the contact information and insurance information of the driver of the car that hit you.
- Get the contact info of any witnesses.
- Take pictures and video of everything.
- Don’t speak with the driver’s insurance company without speaking to your attorney first.
- Contact a pedestrian accident lawyer at the earliest opportunity.
Things You Should Know About Florida Pedestrian Accidents
There are several things you need to know about Florida pedestrian accidents. We have briefly summarized some points below that you should consider if you’ve been injured in a Florida pedestrian accident.
- The responsible or at fault driver’s insurance coverage may cover your damages.
- The police report will often blame the pedestrian for the accident, but the police report is not admissible in court.
- There may be more insurance coverage available to you than you think because more than one person may be liable.
- The insurance company may offer to pay you nothing, but they may change their tune if you get legal representation.
- An experienced pedestrian accident lawyer can help you maximize the value of your claim and keep you from settling your case for a fraction of what it’s worth.
Contact a Florida Pedestrian Accident Attorney
If you’ve been injured in a pedestrian accident, you may be entitled to compensation. We offer free legal consultations with a pedestrian accident lawyer. All you need to do is call us at (321) 352-7588 to schedule your consultation, or you can contact us on our website. At our law firm, lawyers do the consultations, not intake specialists or customer service representatives. We’re here when you need us.